Monday, March 13, 2017

Houseware Department: Mallo-tone Ware

Fantastic plastic!

This post is part of a long series I am doing that showcases ads and products from old pharmacies and 5 and Dime stores.  All of the ads are scans from the publication Chain Store Age September 1955.  The products photographed are from my personal collection.  I am running this series on auto-post so I can work on some projects around my real house.  I will return at the end of this series (April or May) back to "normal".

4 comments:

Jennilee said...

I wonder if this anything like malamine? I *need* those barbecue plates!!!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I bet they are melamine. I have been looking for a set of these forever...an *affordable* set that is.

Jennilee said...

Yeah, I looked it up after I read about it here and boy, those things are pricey!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I did find a set once on ebay but forgot to bid (I think we were out of town and without internet access). It went for only 7 bucks (the opening bid)!!!! I was so mad with myself. It had the original box and all the pieces too.