Saturday, March 11, 2017

Housewares: Magic Touch Ice Cube Trays



I love this ad!  Those clip art folks are sooo excited over those ice cube trays!  Look at the guy already pulling out his wallet and money.  And his wife is elated as if he was buying her a mink coat.


Here are some metal ice cube trays of mine...though none of them have the Magic Touch!  They are the "outmoded trays" of old refrigerators, General Electric and Frigidaire. 

While I love the look of metal ice cube trays I find them difficult and a bit dangerous to use.  I can't crack them due to my puny girl muscles.  And you'll be screaming "stuck! Stuck! STUCK!" like Flick on The Christmas Story if your hands have any bit of moisture when removing them from the freezer.  

4 comments:

Jennilee said...

I have a couple of these floating around somewhere, I think. They might have gotten left at the old house when we moved. Not sure. I used them a few times, but when we got out new fridge, it has an ice maker.

my house is cuter than yours said...

My fridge has an ice maker too but we don't have a water line to it. I got an estimate to have one put in and it was 100 bucks! I can crack and fill my own trays for that price. I use my metal trays to make frozen desserts in them usually. Getting ice out of the metal trays leads to bodily harm.

Jennilee said...

lol! Isn't that the truth! Such a pain! Using them for frozen desserts is a good idea!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Have you ever seen the extra large size trays? I think they make 24 cubes or a really big dessert!