Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Atomic Dots Federal Glass Bowls


As I am still working on stuff (a word here meaning decluttering, cleaning, organizing, decorating) around my house I have been putting up on MHICTY some of my favorite cute doodads that made the joy cut and not to be seen as mere clutter.

I picked these Federal Glass mixing bowls up at an estate sale (same one I found the amazing trunkload of feed sack fabric).  It was one of those exhilarating sales where the house hadn't been lived in for years, and the family had lived in it for decades previously.  The house was scheduled to be demolished and everything was for sale.  Most of the windows were boarded up and the only light was supplied by a few bare bulbs on extension cords.  I found these bowls in a top dark cabinet in the kitchen, horribly dusty and dirty. 



After looking a bit online I learned that the set included 3 other bowls.  A smaller one with red dots and two larger with teal and chartreuse green dots.  

It makes me wonder if the other bowls were there but too high for me to see, but I doubt it.  When I pulled these down I had several other shoppers eyeing them. So I am sure they checked behind me and I didn't see anyone toting them around (and you better believe I look at what other people are buying!) Maybe the cockroaches took off with them!

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Those are adorable, Mary! I love them! My favorite vintage bowls to collect and use are the Pyrex Cinderella bowls, but I love those dots on your bowls so much :)

Anonymous said...

Are you interested in selling the orange one I have the other 4 just missing the orange one? Ty