Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Naughty Nudie Glasses


These Pin Up glasses were one of the first vintage items I ever bought.  I found them at a yard sale for 5 bucks over 20 years ago.  Back then I used to actually drink out of them.  When you put an icy beverage in the glass the artist palette "disappears" revealing a peek-a-boo scene.



 The water slide decals have become extremely brittle and I have ceased using them as drinking glasses for quite some time, hoping to keep them intact.  I display them in a cabinet in the living room now.  During our last move, 7 years ago, one of the gals got broken.


I have been holding on to the pieces, knowing I should toss them, but couldn't bring myself to it.  I decided to get all the gals together for a little photo shot one last time.  I scotch taped the glass somewhat together in the top photo.  I am now thinking that doesn't look so bad!  I had plans of making myself toss her out after I got the photo but maybe there is some kick still left in her!
Here is the rest of the gang for their close ups:












While searching on the nets I happen to find the original order form from my very set of glasses!
"Magical Artist Model Glasses"



Broken gal is featured and along the bottom of the card are all the rest, five in the set.
I can't 'break' up the set!

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Those are cute! I want to say my Grandfather had a similar glass, but it may have been something else. I just remember it was "naughty"! He had a hula dancer, too. lol!

The glass doesn't look bad taped. I didn't even notice when I first saw the picture. Since you have them on display anyway, I think I'd keep all the gals together :)

my house is cuter than yours said...

The cabinet I have them in kinda dark too, so that helps with a bit more camouflage!