Thursday, April 11, 2019

1960's Craft Patterns

Simplicity 5767 (1964)

Here is the last of my 1960's patterns. Just a couple of crafty ones.
The little stuffed toys are missing several of their pals.  It only has the rabbit, dog, and kangaroo.
I really wanted to make the elephant and the cat.  I think this pattern was given to me by a friend years ago.  It kinda looks like across the top of the envelope it says "Slut".  A nickname perhaps?  

McCall's 2461 (1961)

This is a pattern for a set of five different pajama bags or pillows.  The cat is really cute.  It would make a fun purse!
But any kid that brings one of those square people goofy looking PJ bags is going to be the one to have their hand put in a bowl of warm water when they fall asleep.

4 comments:

Jennilee said...

It's too bad that there are so many patterns missing from that first one. They are so cute!! I love the elephant and the dog!

I agree that the cat would make a cute purse, but those people things on the bottom are ridiculous! lol!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I think the little peanut hanging from the elephant is a cute touch! Of course it wouldn't fly today, since it's a chocking hazard!

Monica said...

We had to make pillow bags in Home Ec in the 1970's as our first sewing project. They were a little different than these. The object was to have you sew different things, rickrack, buttons, snaps, gather fabric for a bow, etc. I doubt anyone ever used them. I still have mine somewhere.
I think (hope) the name on the first pattern is Ebert. I had a similar pattern and made a hippo and a donkey way back when.

my house is cuter than yours said...

Monica, I can imagine a hippo stuffed critter being super cute!
And if you ever locate your "pillow pal" from Home Ec put a pic of it up on our blog!
"Ebert" must have taken off with those missing patterns!

I think I might start subbing in the word 'ebert' in place of 'slut' in conversations with my peeps so I can talk trash about unsavory biddies when they are in ear shot! Ha!
~mary~