Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Char-BOO-terie board


I mean, can I get more modern Pinterest-y here folks?!  This year for all of my Halloween treats and goodies I decided to do modern ideas since they are frankly just easier than vintage.  I happened to come across the design of a charcuterie board and lost my mind over the artfulness of the random yet balanced layout. I decided that making a Halloween version was going to be my big "Dun Dun Da Daaa!" for this season.


Like the nerd that I am, I "researched" and studied what was a successful vs. unsuccessful look (to me at least).  Unsuccessful looks like small groupings of like items symmetrically placed around the tray, no focal point.  A successful look has movement and groupings with varying amounts, along with three items taking the most attention and smaller items as filler.


I also noticed that some boards have little bowls or containers placed about, so I added into mine a ceramic ghost dish and a mini plastic coffin.


The items I used for the primary parts are Pretzel Webs, Pretzel Skulls, and Brownie Vampire Bites.  For the filler bits I have candy corn, candy cornish pumpkins, peanuts, gummy worms, reese's franken-peanut butter cups, and reese's pieces.

I am pretty stoked that it all came together with the look I was going for.  

I served it as the 'dead-sert" for us to graze upon Halloween....and for the days that follow since it was so packed out!


 

No comments: