Friday, October 30, 2020

White Chocolate Pretzel Skulls




Here is another simple modern Halloween treat I made based after an idea from my Halloween Goulash and ghastly treats Pinterest Board.


While you still have the melted white chocolate out from making the Spiders Web Pretzels these skulls can take a dunk too!  Can you tell what they are?  Pretzel chips!  Make sure to get the 'original' plain kind, I don't think the 'buffalo wing' flavor would work out too well.  
To make these all you need are the pretzel chips and almond bark (white melting chocolate).  Dig through the bag of chips and find the very few rare ones that aren't broken.  Dip them into the melted chocolate, scrap off the backs a bit and tap so the eyes and nose openings are clear. 
The original instructions use white chocolate melting chips and cut the bottom off a few to make the 'teeth'.  What I did was before I started making these I melted the chocolate and spread a small thin layer onto a piece of waxed paper and placed in the fridge.  When I got to the point of making the teeth I just broke off pieces from the solid layer and placed them in the tacky slightly cooled mouth region.  if you try to put my teeth version on while the melted chocolate is still warm it will melt and disintegrate your toothy pegs! 
 

No comments: