Saturday, October 31, 2020

In Honor of Your Honor


Costumes were not on the agenda this Halloween.  There aren't any functions or get togethers to warrant dressing up.  But as Halloween was closing in I felt the need to do a costume, even if it was something that I threw together from stuff I already had on hand, snapped a quick pic, and took it off.

This year I decided it was fitting to honor the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg.


I typically don't care to do costumes that are going to be on trend ( like the 230 Harley Qinns I see at cons in a single day) but I think the more Ruths the better.
Pack the court with only Ruths!

I threw this together from stuff we already had.  The black gown is a cheapo 100% polyester costume base for a nun get-up, the collar is a large piece of lace I sewed into a jabot, the vintage costume jewelry is my own.

I took these pictures in front of a Jewish law firm in town because I like their concrete columns ...very Supreme court-y!

 

2 comments:

Monica said...

I love it! Great way to honor her!

Tdub said...

Perfection! I NEED my own Dissent Collar. RIP RBG♥