Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Frankenstein Windmill Cookies



Here is a fun themed snack I came up with to munch on while viewing the Universal Pictures classic 1931 film Frankenstein....burning windmill cookies!

The burning windmill in the grand finale is an iconic climactic scene that represents the film really as much as lab equipment, neck bolts, and green skin do. I say add these to a platter of Frankenstein green iced rice crispies and 'nuts and bolts'  for a complete Frankensnack experiment.


The idea for these popped into my head while I was thinking about what cheapo cookies/snacks at Dollar Tree that I could spook up into some Halloween treats.  A few years back I discovered Mystifying Oracles of Butter Rings Cookies there.  I recalled these windmill cookies and then the idea just hit!  A windmill is the final setting of the original Frankenstein film...only it's burning.  To add the flame effect to the cookies I simply daubed on some red and yellow icing with a toothpick in a flame pattern.  These cookies on their own are kinda plain so the extra icing is a flavor improvement! 

No flaming windmills or rioting townsfolk are necessary to put these cookies together!

via GIFER

3 comments:

Monica said...

This is a great idea I love it! We will have to stop by dollar tree and get some !

Jennilee said...

Now that is inspired, Mary! I love it! Such a classic film, too!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks! I think I have come up with an "exclusive"! Ha!

~mary~