Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Florida Citrus Fruit Sack


I came across this neat old Florida Citrus fruit sack at an estate sale recently.  


It was out in a dingy storage building so it's not pristine.  
I love old food packaging and collect vintage Florida souvenirs so it's got double goodness going for it.


I am planning on hanging it up on a wall near my kitchen so to give it a bit more pizzazz I decided to make some fake oranges to put inside.  I priced buying faux oranges and they were a bit much for me, also too heavy. 
 
 I bought 3 sets of these hollow thin plastic balls at 1.25 Tree and painted them orange.  The leaves are also from 1.25 Tree.   Out of the bag the oranges certainly aren't going to pass as real, but in the sack I think they work pretty well.

1 comment:

Monica and Rob said...

I remember that bag! I love how you made the oranges, what a great idea.