Thursday, August 23, 2018

Banana Scallops



A golden brown surprise~Banana Scallops!
French fried bananas-new style!
Serve as a vegetable!



As an impromptu dessert, I made a small batch of these Banana Scallops.  Since they weren't going to be served as a vegetable as the recipe suggested, I added some cinnamon to the coating along with serving them with shredded coconut and a drizzle of honey.



I have to say they look like a vegetable, yummy fried okra.
 I found these to be a bit bland if you make them as suggested.  I think I improved and upgraded them for sure in a dessert form.

The complete suggested Company Dinner consists of :
Tomato Juice
Hamburgers
Banana Scallops
Califlower
Lettuce Salad
Orange Sherbet
Cookies
Beverage

This meal certainly makes a beautiful plate, with it's parsley bunches of flare and all. It's an odd sort of food choices though.   I don't think I have ever had a big head of cauliflower offered to me in this way.  Usually it's steamed and cut into more manageable pieces.  And I've never been offered just a hamburger patty sans bun, lettuce, tomato, etc.
I guess I have never been company at a house that would also pass fried bananas off as seafood but also calling them a vegetable.  It's probably for the best I have never been to these folks house, they may be a bit on the crazy side.

Original Recipe:

No comments: