Thursday, October 31, 2019

Ghost Pie


Deadsert for our Halloween dinner was Ghost Pie.
PB designed the ghost!



The official name for this dessert is actually Snow Ghost Pie, but after reading the story that accompanied the original recipe from 1972, I am leaving off the snow part.  We live in Florida and no matter how many slices of pie we leave out for the ghost we are unfortunately not going to get any snow. It also sounds like the Snow Ghost Pie attracts unsavory types.
The story is really...odd and I don't want to think about it for too long.  But I do like the idea of having a tradition like this to do every winter season.

Here is a blurry copy of the recipe:


The pudding part of this pie is heavenly!  I substituted coconut extract and that made it over the top delish!  I used a prefab frozen pie crust to save myself some time and didn't care for it much.  I want to try this pie again and use a pecan crust.  

The weather here in Florida is 80 percent sweltering humidity and 90 degree heat and then bam! for a few days it's so cold I consider burning the furniture to keep warm.
Instead of a hope for snow I guess I could call this "Could we at least get some weather that resembles winter for more than 2 weeks" pie!


No comments: