Friday, October 25, 2019

Halloween Crafties: Cover Up



We have a television in our living room that is pretty much a big ugly dust-collecting eyesore paperweight.  We don't use it, as a matter of fact I unplugged it and all the components because I was tired of the hassle it is to sweep around the cords.  The only time the tv gets hooked up is for the holidays so we can all watch Halloween/christmas dvds together.  I would say at max it is on 5 hours a year.  If I had a place to put it during the rest of the year I would love to not have it's big black rectangle staring at me.  Since it is about to be put into use and fired up, there it will have to sit...but I came up with an idea, for it to be sitting pretty!

The basic shape and purpose of a TV screen is similar to a picture frame so I went with that.
I printed out an image of a vintage Halloween candy box on the wide format printer at our library, attached it to a piece of poster board, and placed it in the "frame"!  At this moment I just taped the image on to the screen, but I am working out an idea to hang it from the top and be interchangeable.

I am really excited about the other possibilities I could apply this TV cover up to.  Obviously I have got to find a fun rectangle image for a Christmas cover up, but then I could have several odd ones to use through out the year!  

No comments: