Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Silver Princess Motel


{vintage postcard}

The motel we choose to stay at for our Ocala, Florida vacation was The Silver Princess Motel!
I'm not sure how old it is, but I would guess it to be built in the 1950s.


This place was perfect.  It was loaded with vintage charm, clean, safe, and while on a main highway, it was located on the less traveled end.

{vintage postcard}

See the neon "Entrance" arrow sign on the left in the vintage postcard?



It's still there...and it works!


I loved the color combo of the exterior and real flowers in the built-in container gardens.  I see these usually become "ashtrays" at other vintage motels.


I took this picture to show the terrazzo on the front step.  The sleeping quarters were carpeted and rather bland when we stayed here, but I bet the room has this gorgeous flooring underneath.  I guess that would be my only complaint is that the bedroom looked like a plain typical motel styled room.  However I doubt there is a vintage motel out there that still has all of it's original room furniture, in decent condition...well, none other than Wigwam Village!
  

The bathroom was still vintage awesome though!  I loved the bathtub faucet knobs.


The grounds of the motel are so well maintained along with staying true to their vintage styling.



I love these metal patio umbrellas!  Most likely original, as seen below!


{vintage postcard}

In my below photo the pool area is to the right.

Compared to the vintage postcards, it is now enclosed and the slide is also gone.



Golly gee!  A wee wee fountain!


I thought this was super cool.  This area used to be for shuffle board!  Wish it still was.


The neon at night.



I came across this vintage photo of a family that stayed at the Silver Princess motel in the 1960s.
I wish I had seen it before our stay because I would have loved to stage PB and Mr. Husband in the same pose as the dad and son...maybe even dressed them similar, tube socks and all!

We stayed here for four days and absolutely loved it.
This trip even felt like a true vintage vacation.  We went vintage sight seeing during the day, ate at old restaurants, and then came back to the motel to chill in the pool.
Mr. Husband and I both have ranked this as one of our all time favorite vacations.
In the upcoming posts I'll be sharing the places and sights we experienced while in Ocala, Florida!
 
The Silver Princess Motel
30411 S. Pine Ave
Ocala, Fl 34471
(352) 622-7186 

No comments: