Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Decor 2022


I had never been a fan of Easter because it always seemed to be the adverse of Halloween.  Easter's  pastel sweetness made me want to barf.   I am more into all shades of black and bleak.  Easter's embrace of newness and fresh beginnings makes me uncomfortable, like being in a sterile padded cell.  I love the feeling of ancient and old.  Easter is an extrovert while I am a Halloween introvert.
But then a few years ago I started to look at Easter in a dusty, dim light and realized that decrepit old Easter stuff is very Halloween-esque and I have been slowly loving this season as well. 


This year I did a small bit of decorating in the dining room.




I also did a centerpiece for the table:


 This photo makes it appear as a display since the table cloth is kind of a back drop.  I was having back lighting issues when I took the photo so I had to take it in a wonky kind of way.

Whew!  Finally!  The holidays are officially over!  It starts with Halloween and ends with Easterween!

No comments: