Monday, September 30, 2024

September Back To School Frito Kid and Coconut Cut- up Cake Party


I've been sporadically working my way through making all the monthly themed vintage coconut cut-up cakes and Frito Kid party ideas for a few years now.  I am juuust about there!  For this round I decided to double up and combine September's since they are both Back to School themed.  

Here is the vintage Cut-up cake inspo:



from this little 1956 booklet:


Here's my take on "Ding Dong":

I am pretty sure it's suppose to be a school house but it's really a stretch of the imagination.

Now let's add in some 1954 Frito goodness:


The refreshments miss the opportunity for some Frito additions but I surely didn't!


Ice cream with Fritos is the BEST!


Did you know Circus Animal Cookies/Crackers don't come in the fun little boxes anymore?!
So I had to take it upon myself to fake some.  I turned a couple of mac and cheese boxes inside out, glued down a printed image I found out in internetland of the box front, and added my own little string handle.  I didn't buy any cookies out of principle due to the boring ass plastic bags they now come in.


 And lastly soda... I picked apple soda since that seemed most schooly inspired.


Here is the spread:

This puts me at finally making all the Coconut cakes except the god awful ones (May and June) that I just refuse to do.

I now just have Frito Kid November lastly left.  Because, spoiler alert, I did the December one last year after Christmas already and have it tucked back for this upcoming season.

Here are all of the themes collected together for your viewing perusal:

For the past Frito Party Goodness check out the below posts:

and all the Coconut Cut-up Cakes corralled:



No comments: