Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Frito Kid Backyard Party

 




August's Frito Kid Party Ideas for Kiddies (1954) suggestion is a Backyard Party!  Now, living in Florida we stay indoors from May til Dec because the weather is brutally hot. No backyard party is gonna be put on by the sane.  However, I love the aesthetic of vintage BBQ and used to collect various items around the theme so I was still smitten with this idea, we just moved the 'party' indoors.

The games for this party sound like fun and are very indoor friendly.  The refreshments call for "Fritos Glamour Dogs".  

What could it be?  Caviar?  Grey Poupon?


Refreshments all dished up.


Turns out glamour dogs are just hotdogs filled with primarily onions, cheese, and ketchup.  And are pretty darn tasty!


I used soy sauce as a sub for Worcestershire since that's what I had on hand.   I also topped the brownies with crushed Fritos because that makes sense.

In the next upcoming posts I am going to highlight some of my vintage BBQ items seen above because they are just too fun not to get some spotlight.



No comments: