Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Moonshine Cookies


On the way back from a trip to my mom's I stopped off at a roadside stand that sold peaches in South Carolina. The peaches looked rank but I did find some moonshine jelly! (well, it is actually made with white wine) After making the outhouse cake, I still wanted to create something shaped like moonshine jugs and edible. So I came up with these complimentary cookies. The ones in the center of the plate are thumb print sugar cookies with the jelly and the jugs are gingerbread cookies with cream cheese icing.
I drew up a template of the jugs on a piece of cardboard and then placed it over the rolled out dough and cut each jug out with a knife. I doubt there's a prefab cookie cutter of a moonshine jug for retail! Besides, even if there was, it would be so ridiculously priced. DIY, my darlings!
These cookies are the dessert for next Sunday. I made more of each type cookie than the photo shows. What is shown was just for a lovely display! Poor souls had to eat slightly burnt chocolate chip cookies last Sunday. I figured no one would want to see photos of those...eecky and boring. I had 5 things going on at the same time while I was baking them and lost track until I smelled the disaster starting. I grabbed a few minutes here and there today to premake these since I do have so much other stuff going on. And how is all of those things coming along....You ask....Not Too Good!! I hope to make some major progress tomorrow though.
I now want to learn how to make jelly and moonshine so I can make the real deal. But I heard it's illegal to make moonshine...What?! How come it's okay to make wine and beer but you can't make the corn squeezin's?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi
lOVE THE COOKIES AND JELLY
HERE'S MY PROBLEM. i CANT FIND A RECIPE FOR MOONSHINE JELLY
COULD i PLEASE HAVE A COPY OF YOURS?

PS
YOU CAN GET A PERMIT TO MAKE SHINE FROM THE FEDS..NO JOKE DONT KNOW ALL THE DETAILS BUT IF INTERESTED YA COULD CHECK INTO IT
THANKS AND NO I AM NO SHOUTING MY USING THE CAPS SETTING...HA HA MY EYES ARE BAD AND I CNAT SEE WELL USING THE SMALL CAPS ANYMORE

THANKS SHEILA
BFBURNETTE@AOL.COM