Monday, July 15, 2019

Spicy Raisin Cornbread


I am so behind in writing up posts.  I think I have 30 or more sitting in draft form getting moldy. I made this Spicy Raisin Cornbread months ago and it is a faint memory.  I added the sugar icing glaze which the recipe did not call for.  Other than that I recall it being pretty tasty but a bit dry.  I would serve it with cool whip or ice cream to fix that issue if there was a next time.

This recipe came from
Pillsbury's Best 11th Grand National Bake-Off Cookbook, 1959, submitted by Mrs. Harry C. Druhl of Benton, Arkansas.



(click images for recipe enlargement)



 I thought it was an interesting idea with it being a sweet based cornbread rather than savory.  It would be perfect for brunch as a coffee cake.  The Bake Off booklet categorized it as a "bread" but surely with this much sugar it is a dessert! 

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Interesting. I'm not a huge fan of raisins in baked goods, so I'm not sure I would have liked it!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I bet it would be good without the raisins, just as a cinnamon sweet cornbread.