Thursday, July 04, 2019

Hamburger Pie



For my refurbished Pyrex red dish's inaugural baking premiere, I picked a casserole recipe from my 1961 Better Homes and Gardens Casserole Cookbook, called Hamburger Pie.  It's so highly recommended that it made the front cover of the book!


I love casseroles.  No pots or pans to clean up and stand over.  With this Pyrex dish, I can bake it in, and then cover it with the lid and put the leftovers in the fridge.  If I could get the fam to eat out of the casserole dish like a trough then I wouldn't have to wash any plates or silverware at all!



(click on recipe for enlargement)

This recipe is really good and it's bonus for me is it falls in line with my weight watcher's core diet plan I have been doing for almost a year. I have lost and kept off 15 pounds!


After baking in the dish the shine did dull out some but it didn't return to that washed out look it had before.  I plan on using it as-is for home use.  If the occasion calls for me to bring a fancy covered dish then I'll slap a thin coat of coconut oil on it before heading out the door and carry it in one of those wire chaffing dish holder deals to keep the oil off of anything.
I'll be looking elegant with my thrift store vamped up contraption!

2 comments:

Rob and Monica said...

That hamburger pie sounds like it's worth trying! (Rob)

my house is cuter than yours said...

You should! And Monica can put it in one of her pyrex bowls to serve it even!
~mary~