Saturday, December 19, 2020

Christmas DIY Die Cut Cuties

(print 1)

In the above post I presented these adorable vintage Christmas jointed Die Cuts.  They actually belong to a friend who let me borrow them to scan and make my own.  I thought you all may be interested in doing this as well.  There are three different ones...angels on a candle, Santas on a candy cane, and Santas on a Christmas tree.  Each set has three pieces that are held together with brass round head fasteners.  However the candy cane one is missing the bottom section so just print two of the long section, it'll work out fine.  You will need 9 sheets of cardstock and 6 fasteners.  The original fasteners are super tiny, just use what you have.  I happen to have a box that I picked up at at thrift store years ago.  I guess they can be bought new at office supply stores, maybe even in the scrapbook section of a craft store...or skip that and just glue the pieces together.
To make sure the sizes of each piece remained proportionate I did not crop any of these scans, which explains their wonkiness.
Hope you enjoy these!  I haven't made mine yet.  I was kinda planning on printing them out huge on the wide format printer at the library but that ain't happening anytime soon!


(print 1)

(print 1)

(print 1)

(print 2)

(print 1)

(print 1)


(print 1)

1 comment:

Monica said...

These are so cute! I will have to print them out , we just need a new printer!