Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Pineapple Custard Pie


{image source  Ladies Home Journal Nov 1950}
{Click on image for recipe enlargement}


My! My!  What a pie!
Pineapple Custard!



"No ordinary pie, this.  It's utterly different."



 "Guests will beg for this recipe."
Pssst..hey, guests!  The recipe is up above!

What a neat looking pie! Mine didn't turn out with the perfect layers but close enough.  The recipe only calls for a 9 oz can of crushed pineapple but that doesn't exist anymore.  I used an entire 20 oz can and it was just fine.  I also worked a bit harder on my pie crust edge skills and think this one is most acceptable.  I do admit this pie was just a touch bland or something was a little off.  It could be me.  I have a thing about not liking foods that are mush textured (ie: pudding, bananas, ice cream).  I still have all my teeth so I like to use them.  I don't mean I want to eat rocks, it's just that mushy stuff needs a little crunch in my opinion.

Recipe repair:  More nuts on top for added crunch.  For more flavor mix in some brown sugar with the cream cheese.  Some coconut sprinkled on top because why not.

No comments: