Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Peanut Cream Cake

{image source}
Life Magazine July 1939

National Peanut Day was earlier this week but I got more peanutness to share!

"Here's a pal to summer desserts!'

I have to agree!  It was a pal to me by being so easy to make and absolutely delicious! I made it even more simple by using a pre-fab chocolate cake mix and just iced it with the easy recipe for Peanut Cream Frosting in the ad.



 I kinda made this dessert before using the same technique of shortcuts for a Teacher Appreciation Luncheon back in 2018.  The one I made then was a bunt cake and I covered it in a peanut butter drizzle and chopped peanuts.  This attempt is as close as I am going to get to following the original recipe and look.  The flavor is so good, like a cake version of a Reese's cup!


{click recipe for enlargement}





2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Oh yum! Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting is DH's go to birthday cake. Definitely a favorite around here!

my house is cuter than yours said...

This cake is easy to make too! I could eat it once a week!

~mary~