Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine's Love Cats


This year for Valentine's Day decor I decided to finally tackle a theme I have been wanting to do for years!  The Cure's song Love Cats!

It's not a plunge into the lyrics or visuals from the music video or anything deep like that.  I just thought it would be fun to do a mash up kinda thing with vintage valentines of cats and The Cure (Robert Smith really!).
😻"We're so wonderfully, wonderfully, wonderfully, wonderfully, pretty!"😻  


😻"Oh, you know that I'd do anything for you"😻


😻"We should have each other for tea, huh?"😻


😻"We should have each other with cream"😻


😻"Then curl up by the fire and sleep for awhile"😻


😻"It's the grooviest thing, it's the perfect dream"😻


The Cure is one of mine and Mr. Husband's fav-o-rite bands and so I really wanted this theme to be top notch looking.  That's kinda why I had been putting it off for so long.  I only decided to do it this year (last minute actually) because I mentioned the idea to PB and he was all about it.  He is a Cats/Cure fan also!


Decor and craft break down:
So since I don't have access to free wide format printing anymore, I had to come up with another way to create a large focal wall centerpiece.  I wanted an image of Robert Smith and I thought making it like a stencil would be the easiest way to go.  There are a couple of stencils already out there in internetland but I decided that wasn't good enough.  I found a photo I liked and turned it into a black and white image and printed it as an 8x10.  I then built a projector from a cardboard box, a flashlight, and the image traced onto a piece of plastic (google DIY projector and you'll see what I'm talking about).  Well, this contraption wasn't so hot because it only helped me to put his primary features in the appropriate spots, you just can't see details. This idea then morphed into me having to do a large scale drawing. I think I did a good job on his rendering but it's just not the look I was wanting overall. The other crafty thing I made were the oversized red "Kiss Me" candy hearts.  I know, a different song, but just too perfect for Valentine's day!  I made these from some scrap styrofoam I cut into heart shapes, painted red, and added epsom salts to look like sugar crystals. 


Here are a couple of past v-tine decor:

And click on the "valentines" label down below left for all my past v-tine post goodies!

.  

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Oh my gosh!!! This has to be one of the best things I've ever seen! I *love* it!!!! "Love Cats" is one of my favorite Cure songs and this mash up is fantastic!!!

Hope you had a happy love day!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thank you so much Jennilee! You made my day! I've been feeling like it didn't come together enough. I really appreciate it. Hope your Love Cats Day was purrrfect!

~mary~