Thursday, June 20, 2019

Ancient Alien Party Eats


To celebrate PB's birthday in Ancient Alien's fashion, I made him a Stonehenge cake complete with party aliens.


The stones are sugar wafers covered in tan tinted fondant (store bought white fondant that I tinted with brown food coloring gel) and then dusted with cocoa powder.  They are held together with icing and a lot of toothpicks.  The aliens are images I found on the nets, printed out, laminated with packing tape and then attached a toothpick on the backs.

Since most of our birthdays fall on a weekday, we typically have a small celebration on the actual day and then a bigger party on the weekend with an official birthday cake (as seen above).  We do this because weekday evenings are too stressed with homework etc. and too short.
For the smaller celebrations we always get a big stack of Krispy Kreme donuts and put birthday candles in them.  Simple, yummy, and effective.  This year I had a different idea for the smaller celebration from something I had seen while researching for the party.  I found this image of an ancient artifact called the "Phaistos Disc" (see photo below).  I don't know what it's deal is, probably holds the answers to the universe left behind by our alien ancestors.  But I do know this.  It looks like a big ass cookie.


Which I then reproduced as said big ass cookie:


I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe just didn't make individual cookies.
After it baked I brushed on a diluted brown food coloring to give it more of an aged stone look.



La cucaracha time!


It falls into the theme of the party to have our birthday cockroach present since they have been on the earth since ancient times...maybe they are the aliens!
Ancient Alien Theorists say YES!

No comments: