Monday, November 23, 2020

Early American 1955


Last year I wrote a post (Thanksgiving Decor: Vintage Style ) about pulling ideas from Mid Century Early American styling to be used as inspiration for decorating for Thanksgiving.


Here is an article from Household magazine January 1955 that showcases a living room that would be perfect for scarfing down pumpkin pie in.


 Above are some helpful hints for color choice if you happen to be planning on painting your interiors as part of doing the ultimate in Thanksgiving decorating!

I wanted to show these images as preparation for the second course of this buffet of Thanksgiving posts.  Since we all just can't switch out our entire home contents to suit a proper Thanksgiving look I decided to do the next best thing.  After last Thanksgiving I started a year long project (that got cut 8 months short) where I would photograph furniture and decor at thrift stores that had an Early American flair to it, stuff that I could have decorated with but just don't have the room for!  

Colonial couches and other tweedyness up next!

No comments: