Monday, August 16, 2021

It is your birthday.

 


It is your birthday (period).  That is a statement of fact.

Over the past year the fam discovered the television show The Office.  It's certainly not kid friendly, but that's just who happened to introduce it to us, the kid Pumpkinbutt.  We bought the series on dvd and it was the only way we could lure the boy out of his room on occasion other than for food.  So this year for his 17th birthday party theme The Office was the obvious choice. 


The spread....No Tobys Allowed!


Break me off a piece of that...Fancy Feast!?


Scott's (tater) Tots, Stanley's "It's Pretzel Day" pretzels, and Michael Scott Paper Company big vat o' cheezballs.


Andy Bernard got double play with 'Nard dogs (hot dogs) representing.



"Is that a Chicklet on my cake?
And that's not how to spell my name."

The birthday cake along with the party decor is all based after the very dull brown and grey (matches the carpet) party planned by Jim and Dwight for Kelly.  For PB, I reproduced the cake along with spelling his name wrong.  For these photos I removed some of the letters in the above photo to throw internet freaks off.



It wouldn't be a legit Office party if something wasn't incased in a Jello mold.  On the show it's a stapler but for PB we jelled up his birthday cash!
(I wrapped it in a ziplock bag for it's protection.)
 

As part of the party we presented Dundee awards, most going to PB since it was his day.  One of his awards was 'most likely to develop bed sores' because he spends so much time in his bed.  I was awarded 'most weird food concoctions in a bowl" since I have been making a bunch of meals from whatever is in the fridge and tossing it in a bowl over the past year. Mr. Husband won the award for "most consecutive days spent complaining".  
We are a family of Stanley-Creed-Angela-s.

I found lots of Office party ideas out in internetland for the swiping.  I went kinda lowkey though since PB could spare no more than 20 minutes from his bed sore time for this.  
Here are a few:





4 comments:

Jennilee said...

Happy Birthday to PB!

I have never seen The Office, though I've heard it's a good show. I just don't watch that much tv. Is it a must see?

my house is cuter than yours said...

I don't watch much TV and I really liked this series. You would think a show about an office that sells paper would be boring but it's very funny, quirky, and even touching sometimes. We have been talking about watching it again from the beginning. I think it's on the streaming service Peacock right now. We are old school with that kind of stuff and have it on dvd. Own it forever, not have to worry about it getting cut, and not paying a monthly fee.

Jennilee said...

Good to know, Mary! Thank you. I'll have to check it out when I have time. We've been watching (or in my case, re-watching) Eureka, but haven't had time for that, either. *sigh* lol

jungle dream pagoda said...

Oh,Mylanta ! Happy birthday to PB !!
I can't believe I watched your baby grow up !!
My baby(wee petal) is 18 and we dropped her off for College (Austin)about a month ago ! My oldest babe (Crooked Halo)has been living in NYC for 5 years !!! except those four months during quarantine that she bunked with us ! She literally made her big NYC stage debut in January 2020 ! Sh's been rethinking acting these days. I suspect sh'll cycle back around to it....but I just wat her to be happy ! the past 18 plus months has been tough for the young ones !
So glad you still give us a window into your creative world !