Sunday, December 23, 2018

Snowman Switchy



Do ugly utilitarian items bother you?  Like boring switch plate covers?  It was really dragging down my Christmas decor on one wall so I put together a quick cute fix!  

BEFORE:


AFTER:

I bought the cover at a thrift for 25¢.  I cut out a switch plate sized piece of  some cute retro snowman wrapping paper I picked up last year at TJ maxx. (Side note: It's a great place to find vintage looking wrapping paper!  Just got some this season with cute Santas all over it.)  I then mod podged the paper to the cover along with giving it a protective layer on top from greasy dirty fingers.  Let dry over night and then switch out the dull boring cover for a fancy festive one!
 I did another cover as well so my room will be all matchy-matchy and it will be pretty easy to switch these out for the season every year.
I'll have to find some neat vintage looking Halloween paper to make a set for the best holiday of all!

No comments: