Thursday, November 07, 2019

The Edies




Today happens to be Grey Gardens Little Edie Beale's 102 birthday!
Mr. Husband and I were invited to a Halloween party this year and I was able to talk him into going as Mother Darling, Big Edie!


I clothed him in one of my old kimonos, a polyester skirt, and tied my black turtle neck shirt around his chest similar to how Big Edie worn hers in the documentary.  We picked the hat up at a thrift store and the wig is from Dirt Cheap (54¢!).  I wasn't thinking when I let him wear my skirt as one would typically wear it.  For one he stretched the waist band all out, but to keep in true Beale fashion I should have turned the skirt up side down and wrapped it around his waist, fastening it with safety pins!
I worn my Little Edie 2017 outfit but this time wore a towel on my head tied with some ribbon in the back. 



Mr. Husband was a big hit at the party only I had to keep an eye on him.  He isn't very 'lady-like' and kept forgetting he was wearing a skirt when he was sitting down. 

Me: "Mother you don't have enough clothes on."
Mother Darling:  "Well I'm going to get naked in just a minute, so you better watch out!"

No comments: