Friday, November 29, 2019

National Square Dance Day



I just picked up 12 copies of "Sets in Order" the official Magazine of Square Dancing from the 1960s for 25¢ each at a thrift...Just in time for National Square Dance Day!

The act of square dancing completely confuses me, but really I am into the awesome outfits...bonus points for matching couple assembles!
For your viewing pleasure I scanned some of the fashion ads and features!



"Dancing Duds"  Love it!  I would love to see that 84 page FREE catalog!

Matching Fam outfits!!!!  I don't think I could talk PB into wearing that dress.

Ranchwear can even make Grandpa here look dashing!
Look at the young filly he caught himself!



Another fun feature in the magazines is "Ladies on the Square".  It is usually a fashion crafting section for gussying up your look.  This page shows the basics to make a cape...which should obviously match your fluffy dress!


When Mr. Husband and I went to see Loretta Lynn in concert a few years back, I made us matching western square dance inspired outfits, as seen below:



We don't square dance unfortunately. So for now, I'll just have to settle with putting together outfits and let people think we are always on the way to a barn dance.  First on the agenda will involve a matching set consisting of purse, cape, and a pair of embellished pantaloons !

Whirl away and a half sashay!
over to my previous post celebrating National Square Dance Day:
Square Dance Cake

No comments: