Sunday, February 19, 2023

Carter Cheese Mold


Today I share this wonderful appetizer made famous by Rosalynn Carter, wife to 39th President Jimmy Carter.


Fun Fact!  We are related to the Carter's!  Well, my husband is...so I claim it by marriage. Rosalynn is my husband's mother's great aunt.  Far off related but hey it's our only family claim to fame other than being related to the blue ribbon winner for pickled pig's feet at the 1983 Arkansas state fair!



I did a little bit of my own thing with this recipe.  I used green onions instead of a regular onion.  I also added far more than a dash cayenne and I did it to the strawberry preserves.  Another thing is you have to shred your own cheese.  Don't use the pre shredded because it won't hold together properly.

This appetizer is absolutely delish and perfect for potlucks and picnics! I shaped mine in a vintage Tupperware mold for extra pizzazz!
 

No comments: