Monday, February 20, 2023

Snow Day~Ivory Snow~Soap Display

 

Back again and bigger than ever, It's Snow Day on MHiCTy!

It's looking like yet again a true snow day isn't going to be happening this season in my neck of the woods so I just have to do it virtually.  Join me as I have expanded Snow Day into Snow Week!

Starting off with my small display case I did an Ivory Soap/Snow theme:


A few months back I came across a treasure trove of vintage products affiliated with Procter & Gamble at an estate sale. Lots of Ivory ones which I thought worked perfectly for a Snow Day theme!



I miss when products had freebies.  The bar of soap offers a free mail-in offer for "Evening in Paris" Talcum Powder.  The metal container of Ivory Liquid Detergent comes with 2 free steak knives strapped on to it's side! 



And then there's $50,000 in cash prizes if you complete the Snowgram.


I also crafted up a snow man....made out of Ivory soap!


Have you ever heard of the "science experiment" where you microwave a bar of Ivory soap (yes, it has to be Ivory brand soap) and it ballons into a huge crumbly mess?!
Yeah, that's what I made him out of.  
Seen above is the product of 2 bars bursted.  I wouldn't recommend this as the way to make a snowman. But here is my how-to anyhow:  Microwave chucks of soap on a paper plate at 30 second intervals.  Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.  The only fun in this is watching the soap expand so make sure you don't step away to tend to the dog/child/meth lab.  After expansion has happened handle with care as blobs are very brittle.  Pick 3 globs that are roundish and gently pick at them with your finger or ice pick to shape.  Attach the snowballs in-between with a toothpick.  For the features I used thumb tacks and sewing needles painted with black nail polish.  His hat is card stock and attached with a toothpick.

Here is a much better way to make a snow man, using a mail-in offer from Ivory Snow:

No comments: