Thursday, December 08, 2022

Tips and Treats for Christmas


{New Xmas 2022}

This little "Tips and Treats for Christmas" booklet was a gift from Mr. Husband last Christmas.  Even if the tips and treats were crap (which they are not!) it's worth it for the amazing illustrations alone!
Click on images for enlargements.


This recipe for Unbaked Fruit Cake is intriguing. It's just pressed together.  Kinda reminds me of a Larabar.   This could be a nice alternative to make for the more health conscience or the constipated at the holidays with it's 9 cups of bran, dates, and prunes.

Candy Cake makes the little tikes wide eyed!  This sounds like a neat recipe too.  
Both of these no bake cakes could easily be made into bite sized treats.



I scanned these pages because of the 'Christmas Tree Door Trim' idea.  The 'Cheese Nippies' is bonus.  The star shaped deals on the top of the left page involve green olives and jello and are not to be considered.  The beginning of the recipe is on the previous page and I am not endorsing nasty.


Here is the next page to finish out the 'Christmas Tree Door Trim'.  
I have always loved the idea of the 'Bouncing Snowballs'.  I have tried this out ten different ways using moth balls, vinegar, baking soda, citric acid, etc.. and it never works for me.
In 2019 I set the whole thing up with a lovely under water diorama of vintage candles and it was to be the show stopper of the evening.  We invited friends over and as I was adding the ingredients they all whipped out their phones to take videos... and nothing.   At most, it bubbled and fizzed for 5 seconds and just fizzled out.  I have looked up modern instructions and saw that 4th graders use it as science experiments with ehhhh results.  So maybe it's just lame.  At least my house smells moth ball fresh! 


Use Skelgas for all your propane and propane accessories needs just like Santa!
Skelgas is still around serving the north US in areas I have no plans of every going to.






 

No comments: