Thursday, December 22, 2022

Don our Gay Apparel


I have something fun for you guys!  Last year before I put away all the Christmas I thought it would be fun to do a post for 2022 on all of my Christmas attire!  So I set up the boobless model and created a "look book".
The sweatshirt you see here is my most favorite!  It has puffy paint bears all over it doing all the holiday fun!  I picked this up about 8 years ago at a thrift store.  It's dated 1991.

Here is a close up:

🎄  🎄  🎄  🎄

This next sweatshirt is some good ol' fashion nightmare fuel!  I bought it at a thrift store 8 years ago and not too surprising it even still had it's original tags on it.  Who would wear this for serious?


I bought it for PB and here he is wearing it in 2014.  He obviously has out grown it so I squeeze myself into it for Christmas parties sometimes when I want to look really whacked out.

🎄  🎄  🎄  🎄

This is a bear-ed up Christmas turtle neck.  It is a huge size and I got it originally for Mr. Husband but he couldn't bring himself to ever wear it.  But I LOVE 80s-90s Christmas Bears in a sarcastic way so it has become mine.


🎄  🎄  🎄  🎄

Here is another turtleneck that I picked up from a thrift store clearance rack.  I thought at first it looked tame in this photo and why did I even buy it .  But then I wound up wearing it 2 days into this holiday season for the event I'll be sharing in the next post!  It "clashed" really well with my red hair!


🎄  🎄  🎄  🎄

Now we are getting into the bought-brand-new items, which is normally not my thing.
I got both of these from Walmart for super cheap.

First is this Boston Terrier turtle neck:
And no, this isn't the back of the model or a dude model.. It just has null boobs.  I'll have to give her a stuffed bra next photo shot.


Close up (I think they may actually be French Bulldogs...but in my house they are Bostons!)
🎄  🎄  🎄  🎄



Cute Christmas Kittens!

I bought 3 of these shirts (S-M-L) several years ago for Mr. Husband, PB, and I to wear together some place.  Only I didn't realize they weren't unisex and were girlie fitted and had capped sleeves which doesn't work on men's bodies...but I kept them anyway and wear which ever one fits me each season with my fluctuating weight. 

🎄  🎄  🎄  🎄

And part of a late entry into this gay apparel...accessories!
I didn't even think about showing you all some of my icing until yesterday so I snapped a few cruddy pics to share.

I made these bear earrings from some mini ornaments I picked up at an estate sale. 


I bought these rings 20+ years ago for my mom and I.  They are retro flicker rings with one view of Santa and the other says "Sears has everything".

I bought these earrings on a card of ten pairs from Dirt Cheap several years back.  I kept these two pairs and gave the others away as gifts.  

And these are my crown jewels!  Or toe jewels?  I bought these Converse at the flea market for 4 bucks 25 years ago.  They are a green and red plaid, green soles, a wreath graphic around the star, and the back of the high top has a jingle bell!  I only wear them on Christmas or for gatherings so I plan on them outlasting me.


If you need more gay and tacky Christmas, check out my blow out Tacky Holiday party I did for PB's 5th grade class (see my bear tree skirt turned apron!) and a set of tacky sweater stockings he and I made for his cousins a few years back:




 

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Wow, Mary! First of all, those Converse are *amazing*!!! I would wear the heck out of them! Also loved that panda shirt at the top of the post and the doggie turtleneck. I didn't see that at my WalMart :( Would have bought that for sure! The retro Santa ring was really cute, too!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks Jennilee! When it comes to Christmas attire I say keep it tacky! I am on the look out for something for Mr. Husband, he doesn't enjoy outlandish holiday outfits. I need to find him a refined simple shirt that also is massively covered in santas and trees and candy canes!
~mary~