Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Merry Mint Brownies

 


I made several edibles for fam and friends for gifts.  One of them was inspired by this vintage ad for Spry and a recipe for Merry Mint Brownies.  I can't really make out what the ingredients are and don't care.  I'm trying to make this sweet and simple.  I used a boxed brownie mix which I added broken up peppermint patties to the batter.  After they baked and cooled I then covered the brownies in an icing that was suppose to be like Lofthouse cookies.  I then drizzled melted dark chocolate over the top.


I took a picture and then had to throw it all in the garbage.  
This simple treat was a disaster from the start.  It began with my trying to avoid a possible problem.  I greased the baking pan and lined it in greased wax paper.  I did this to help prevent the peppermint patties from sinking to the bottom and causing the brownies to stick to the bottom of the pan.  Instead the waxed paper fused to the bottom of the brownies.  I also over baked them and it was like a slab of slate.  The recipe I followed for icing didn't set as it should and looked grainy or curdled (but tasted fine).  None of this was acceptable but I went ahead and photographed it as a serving suggestion. I suggest just not overbaking but I had 3 other things going on that I was trying to make and it is what it is...the stress of Christmas.  
 It wouldn't be Christmas if I don't have some kind of last minute disaster.


No comments: