Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Appliance Planters


I have been working on tackling old craft projects the last couple of weeks.  After many decluttering sessions I saved back a few things that I just had to do, with this being one of them. 
 Several years ago I thought it would be crafty fun to turn old broken down kitchen apparatuses into planters.  So I spent several years collecting all the bits and here they are!  Just in time for spring flowers!
Above is a Dormeyer mixer with an aluminum ring pan for the planter part (popped holes in it with a nail and hammer for drainage). 


Ohh!  A pink Sunbeam mixer!  The plant pot is an aluminum bunt cake pan.



A rusted out flour sifter that I placed a plastic pot inside.
 

This toaster is more of a 'serving suggestion'.  I placed plastic flowers in it for this photo but my real idea is to line the inside of the toast slots with a couple of those thick vinyl reusable sandwich bags, fill with water, add fresh cut flowers and use like a vase.  But really, this works well too...low maintenance!

No comments: