Saturday, April 15, 2023

National Laundry Day


Today is official National Laundry Day!
I'm all for housewifery type holidays but I have to say I don't really get this one.
I'm sure most of us do our laundry more than once a year.
I could see calling it National Washing Machine  Appreciation Day but ya'll...that actually has a day (November 3rd) which also happens to be National Housewife Day...not a coincidence!

However to celebrate the day we have been given I present this ultra cute vintage Lil' Washer salt and pepper set: 


The mangler rollers are the shakers, holding about 10 specks of product each.

This thing is clearly for decorative purposes only and that is fine with me!


 Here is an ad for the set I happened to find in one of my old 1950s magazines:

Celebrate National Laundry Day as you see fit.  
Maybe try washing your clothes the old way by beating them on a rock!

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Oh, how cute! You know I love my S&P shakers!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Oh yes Jennilee! I'll have to do a S&P round up post one of these days for you!