Thursday, April 27, 2023

Wagner Ware Magna Lite


Today I wanted to show you all my "set" of vintage Wagner Ware Magna Lite cookware.  I collected the pieces over several years from 3 or 4 places (thrift stores and rummage sales).  We didn't have a matching set of pots and pans and frankly what we did have was embarrassingly ratty and modern.  I started out by researching possibly buying a vintage set online.  My dream set became the Club Holiday Teal line, as example in the below photo that is not mine:


Oh my word!  They would match my kitchen walls!

My second favorite were the Serendipity Squiggle cookware:


The problem with both of these is that I am apparently not the only person that has the hots for them and the prices reflect that.  So one day I was shopping at one of my favorite cheap thrift stores and came across a box containing a micro set of Magna Ware: 2 pots, 1 saucepan, and all 3 matching lids.  I got all of it for 5 bucks.  This wasn't really a style on my radar as they aren't much to look at but they are solid pieces so the hunt was on.   


Over the next few months I would find the rest of the pieces, spending very little for them.


After I gathered all of what I could find which tapped out with what you see, I donated all the hodge podge garbage we had been using for someone to start their own crack business.


 I took these photos to have a group shot but I have since donated the fry pans and lid.  They didn't have the nonstick qualities I desire.  I sent them back out in the world for someone that likes their eggs stuck to the bottom of their cooking utensils. We bought a couple of nice teflon fry pans and we call this the whole set now.

No comments: