Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Kitchen Pixies




I have this area in my kitchen that needed a bit of decor.  It's a problem spot because it is in the line of all sorts of food explosions and grease splatter.
The ideal thing would be something very resistant and washable like a ceramic plate but this area also can't be hammered or trusted to handle a command strip with something breakable on the other end.  So the only option is something kinda disposable if need be.


I came up with making these lightweight wood plaques.
All of the materials I used are coated down in multiple layers of mod podge along with being cheap and easy to replace if the whole thing falls into misfortune or spaghetti sauce.


The base is a bare wood craft plaque from 1.25 Tree as seen below.  I popped off the wood appliques and gave them a coat of old house paint.

The gingham paper is from a pack of placemats I picked up from an estate sale.  I photocopied the Kitchen Pixies from my vintage Meyercord decal sheet and podged them on.  The plastic roses are from a big bag I got from a thrift.  Since they aren't heavy I did use command strips to hang them.



 The two pixies on the left top and middle would be cute for a gardening project!
I would love to have them in a large format print and display in a potting bench kinda area.

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Super cute! I love those gingham place mats!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks Jennilee! I came across 2 packs of the placemats at an estate sale. They are of the vintage from when walmart had neon green price stickers on their wares.