Saturday, April 01, 2023

Cleaning Week: Cake-O-Matic!


Ending out the 2023 Cleaning Week I made a cake inspired by a vintage Electrolux vacuum cleaner:




The total idea wasn't mine though.  I found the cake design in a super cute cake decorating book called Cake My Day! that I picked up at a thrift several years ago.  This book is so fun and full of interesting cake ideas...there's a toaster!  So I don't get the cake lawyers on me I am not going to include a scan or photo of the cake in the book.  Besides, there's looks better than mIne!


The super extra added bonus of the cake is when you cut into it there's "dirt" inside!  To achieve this look after I mixed up the batter (store bought box pound cake mix) I folded in broken bits of chocolate cookie and some of the strawberry sugar wafers and then baked.


 

No comments: