Thursday, March 17, 2022

St. Patty's Day Dinner

 


For our St. Patty's day dinner I made us this "Irish Corn" inspired by a vintage recipe from Bird's Eye Corn.  To make it more healthy I omitted the flour, butter, and cream and instead used fat free greek yogurt and a bunch of spices (chef's choice!).


For the official recipe see below:

1 box Bird’s Eye Golden Sweet Corn, partially thawed
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chopped onion
2 teaspoons flour
2/3 cup light cream or rich milk
1 tablespoon chopped pimento
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper

Place the Bird’s Eye Corn in saucepan (note how perfect each tender kernel is); add butter and onion. Cover and heat until corn is completely thawed. Remove cover and saute about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle flour over corn and blend quickly. Add cream or milk gradually, stirring constantly. Continue cooking over low heat until sauce is thickened-about 5 minutes. Add pimento, parsley, and seasonings. Makes 3 or 4 servings.

For the main course I baked a quiche (recipe here) and bedazzled the top with some bell pepper shamrocks.  

And then not pictured but I also made some oven baked potato chucks as the other side.
I thought the meal turned out okay but the rest of the fam just wasn't into it.




3 comments:

Eartha Kitsch said...

Just saying hello and it's good to see you! I was looking up a snowball dessert and lo and behold, you're still in the blogosphere doing all the great things! I hope you're doing well. - EK

Jennilee said...

I like your bell pepper shamrocks, Mary!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Hey Eartha!
So good to hear from you! Yes, still plugging along. I hope all is well your way too!

Jennilee~
Thanks ever so much! I've seen them made before with the rings but I like the bottom bit better, you just only get one per pepper.

~mary~