Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Junior Cooking

1957

I think I have been wasting my time on adult cook books.  When I am looking for a vintage recipe to make, it has everything to do with how it looks more than what it is going to taste like.  I can always do substitutions to the ingredient list to tweak flavors to my liking anyhow, so the recipe is really just a suggestion.  Grown-up cook books contain a handful of recipe ideas that I love the look of but kid's cook books are always busting out with fun presentations.  The other bonus to kid's cook books is that the ingredient list and prep are simple stuff!

1955

I have several cook books and booklets that are aimed at Junior cooking so for the next series of posts I'm dishing up recipes for and by the Hostess and Host of tomorrow!

1971


And this will finally clear out my food related posts that have been in the deep freezer of drafts from 2 years ago!

No comments: