Monday, March 14, 2022

Leprechaun Trap

Back in 2010 PB and I made a Leprechaun trap together but it never made it to here...not much did.

But here it is now, with a heaping dose of nostalgia.



Here is sweet PB 6 years old showing how the trap works.  He is wearing one of my favorite outfits of his at the time (I still have the shirt!).


 Here is a close up of the trap hole, covered by leaves.
He and I came up with making this last minute and had such a fun time scouting for materials around the yard to use.  
The next morning he actually trapped a leprechaun!  It was a vintage elf wearing all green, kinda like a knee hugger.  It was the "Elf on the Shelf"  idea that the leprechaun was "Toy Story" frozen when it gets caught...just something I came up with.  PB still has his leprechaun on a shelf in his room.  I should have had the insight to have this little guy come to life every year and cause mischief on St. Patty's eve....

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Boy time flies, doesn't it? I bet the two of you had a good time making that trap!

my house is cuter than yours said...

It's funny how being in the present moment of time it feels like it's routine and it's crawling along slowly, but then as seasons change and time and age progress you realize how fast it did go by. Something that I have always lived by is the idea of living in the moment. I do my best to be mindful while the wonderful is happening. To pause, soak it up, relish it and then hold and remember it. Because of this I don't have many regrets of feeling like I missed out on something. Yes, time did pass but we have such great moments to recall.