Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Cleaning Week: The newest, the best, Can't be beat!

{Better Homes and Gardens Nov 1956}

I scoured through a big stack of my vintage house keeping magazines and found a few cleaning week related ads for today.  In the above Soilax ad it appears that this housewife likes to mop at night with a flashlight attached to her sponge mop, or either that she is mopping the floor of a coal mine.


{Good Housekeeping  Nov 1951}

250,000 housewives can't be wrong!  That's right!  We are right about everything.  Oh, they can't be wrong about Dishmaster.  Hmmm... I agree with the initial claim.


{Better Living Magazine Feb 1955}

I am in love with this cutie lady and the overall illustration styling.  Look at that sassy peplum apron!  Her cute 'hitting the town' hat and gloves!



{Good Housekeeping July 1948}

Again the precious graphics!  Cutie thimble lady.  Glim is sneeze-free?  I guess the flakes would make people sneeze. huh.

{Good Housekeeping Nov 1946}

I included this ad because I LOVE display racks 5 and Dime style.  Other than that Kellogg can get back to making corn flakes.
 

3 comments:

Jennilee said...

These ads are fabulous! I too, love the graphics!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Yeah! I went through a bunch of my old magazines looking for ads to scan and was surprised that there weren't as many color ones as I had hoped and that the black and white mini ads were pretty cool looking.

Monica and Rob said...

Dishmaster is still around and you can get it for your sink!. I have seen people post it on social media!!!