Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Fall JOL


Even though Fall isn't officially over until the end of December we all know that bitch Christmas owns the whole month, declaring it winter and claiming it for it's own.  Fall unofficially ends on November 30, and that's just the way it is.  Can you imagine if we left Fall decor up til Dec 20 and then just decorated for a span of only 5 days for Christmas?!
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love me some Christmas decor and have the bounty of plastic storage tubs to prove it but I am not wanting to let go of Fall yet.
Since the inevitable is upon us I decided to spend this last "Fall" day carving me an autumn inspired pumpkin of a most precious squirrel!



It came from a vintage embroidery pattern:




I know once a pumpkin is carved it's only a matter of a few days before the rot sets in so that will be my motivation to let go.
🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂
{I am literally sitting here trying to come up with some way to invent/create Fall-Mas right now.  It can't have turkeys, pilgrims, maybe not even pumpkins.  I see Fall colors, leaves, woodland creatures (deeries!), cabins, pinecones.  Using these characteristics but maybe on traditional Christmas fodder....Ya'll it's basically a 70's Christmas!  No way I could pull that off this year, but interesting to think about}

 

3 comments:

Jennilee said...

I admit, I am guilty of Christmas/winter decorating at the beginning of December! Your pumpkin is too adorable for words! I love your idea of Fall-mas, too!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Well, you have to start decorating early! There's too much other stuff (demands) that must be done during the month of December! I have to do it too, I just think it's unfair to Fall.
I am trying an attempt at Fall-mas. Today I removed everything in the decorated spaces that was pure Thanksgiving and seeing what I have left. Then thinking what could I add from my stash that is Christmas but not red/green santa candy cane typical. Right now I am going for fall colors (brown, orange, black) with Christmas colors of white and silver...We'll see!
~mary~

Jennilee said...

Keep us posted! I'm interested!