Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Fridge Day Snacks


In celebration of National Clean Out Your Fridge Day!

After all that hard work to get the fridge nice and cleared out we deserve a snack!


Of the 76 new-different-recipes I found us something fun to try out:
Cream Cheese-Olive Nut Sandwich Spread
Peanut Butter-Marmalade Sandwich Spread
Orange Fizz Ice Cream Float

(Cream Cheese-Olive Nut in foreground, Peanut Butter-Marmalade in middle)


These two are just different enough to be good.  The Cream Cheese-Olive Nut spread is very tasty and I liked the addition of the crunchy nuts.  I did find it a bit salty so I would not recommend the added onion salt.
The Peanut Butter-Marmalade is the real odd ball here because they fail to mention in the recipe name that it has shredded cheese in it... Peanut butter, jelly, and shredded cheese!?  Surprisingly enough it was my favorite.  I couldn't taste the cheese but it must have done something because it was more than just PB&J.




The Orange Fizz was okay.  PB thought it tasted like an Emergen-C in shake form.

A toast!
Here is to your sanitized fridge,
 may you see it brim with bacon and Velveeta,  
Claussen kosher pickles and tapioca pudding
all within expiration range!
May you never allow another ketchup packet
or out of date pack of wieners to disgrace it again! 
And remember...
A wise man knows that garbage day is Tuesday 
therefore every Monday is for clearing out the funk.


As a side note, I was pretty impressed with using the Frigidaire Double Quickube Tray as a serving tray.  I just placed an 8x10 piece of glass from a picture frame over the top.  I also sprinkled some epsom salt into the tray to look like ice crystals.



 

No comments: