Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Thanksgiving Decor 2022



Even though I have only decorated for Thanksgiving 2 1/2 times in the past it has become my favorite to do.  I was so ready to get the Halloween stuff down on Nov. 1 this year which is just abnormal.  I love Halloween every day of the year but something about Fall/Thanksgiving decorating (done my way of course!) has got a' hold on me!
And this year's decor is the best by far!

Scroll and behold!

The dining room sideboard



The record cabinet

Dining room table centerpiece



The top of the china cabinet


The top of the display cabinet




The inside of the display cabinet


Living room side tables

TV area

These oversized cans of pumpkin were a craft project I was working on this year but didn't quite work out how I wanted.  The cans are those restaurant industrial sized ones and I added a print-out of a vintage can pumpkin label.  The issue is I couldn't get a proper print size to work making the label unable to cover the can fully.  It still gets the idea across and works for the most part.

The green display shelf/rack and focal wall in the living room




Close ups of some of the displays on the rack

This year I tried to pull more black into the decor as a bit of a Fall-o-ween look.
I had really wanted to do a dinner theme in the dining room (like when we did Charlie Brown ThanksgivingTurkey Day with The Clampetts, and Heat and Serve TV Dinners) but the free large format printing service hasn't been offered by my library for the past 2 1/2 years and it's really pivotal in getting a theme across quickly without having to make a bunch of time consuming crafty stuff. But even in this late hour I am trying to think of how I could pull off crafting a theme for this year!

I'll tell you all right now, I am certainly NOT going to be taking this down the weekend right after Thanksgiving.  Christmas can wait it's ass till December...

Here are the other 2 1/2 times I have done my Thanksgiving/Fall decor:

And if your Thanksgiving blog-fat-pants aren't stuffed enough then peruse all of my Thanksgiving posts by clicking on the 'thanksgiving' label seen below and to the left.



2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Everything looks amazing, Mary! I especially love how your cabinet turned out and the giant cans of pumpkin!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks Jennilee!I think the oversized cans could be pretty neat if I can get the print size right. Oversized cans of cranberry sauce would be cute too!
~mary~