Sunday, November 20, 2022

New Fall Decor 2022: Bates Turkey box


 It's always fun for me to showcase newly acquired items for each season or holiday.
This year I have a few that I have gotten over the past couple of years that I am using for my Fall/Thanksgiving decor.

Can I just tell you!!!? 
A vintage turkey box has been on my gotta-get list for the past couple of years.  
 Well, gotta-get for a cheap price, that is.


 A friend of mine and I decided to take a drive out to an estate sale over a hour away and in the closet was this box filled with fabric scraps.
The top of the box has been scribbled on by a kid but that doesn't bother me since I am going to display it high up. 
I am really excited that not only is it a Turkey box but its' a BATES Turkey box!
The Bates House of Turkey is something that we all get a chuckle out of.  We always passed it on the way to my mom's house and made the joke that it was the Norman Bates House of Turkey.
Well, it made us laugh.

And the best part is it only cost me a buck!

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

That's an amazing find, Mary!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I was so excited! I had found a few years ago that a turkey farm in the north had boxes with vintage styled graphics. I was planning on calling them in off turkey time and ask if I could just buy a box but I figured they would not be able to grasp what I was wanting or why.

~mary~